Of course, this is Spain, so the challenge isn’t how to install your solar panels, but instead the challenge is how to navigate a complicated set of rules regulating solar power.
- Design project (<10 kWn) as Low Voltage Electrotechnical Regulations (REBT) by an engineer.
- Building Permit Application and payment ICIO tax to City Hall.
- Request access point and connection (art. 4 and 5 RD1699 / 2011) from the electricity distribution company. For projects up to 10 kW nominal power there is abbreviated procedure described in the art. RD1699 9/2011.
- Determination of economic conditions (Article 6 RD1699 / 2011). It is up to the electricity distribution company.
- Performing the installation. authorized Installer low voltage installations ..
- Sign technician access contract (Article 7 RD1699 / 2011) with the electricity distribution company.
- Networking and initial verification (art. RD1699 8/2011). The electric distribution company performs the first check and issues the certificate of measurement points under RD1110 / 2007 .
- Certificate of installation by authorized installer as the REBT ITC-BT-04 . For projects over 10 kW engineer must submit the final certificate of work (CFO) and depending on the power and of the autonomous community with a required initial inspection by an inspection body (OCA).
- Report on compliance with the procedures for access and connection to the network. Issued by distributor.
- Act of commissioning of the installation. Emitted by the competent body of the autonomous community.
- Application for inclusion in the Register of Special Regime Producers according to art.12 RD661 / 2007 . The competent body of the Autonomous Community issues a pre-registration, while applying for final inclusion to the Directorate General for Energy Policy and Mines to issue the final inclusion.
- Energy sales (surplus) contract with an energy supplier or agent market.
Alternatively, you might consider solar heating instead, which will probably save you more money in gas and has absolutely no regulation whatsoever.