Texas recently installed metal detectors at the Capitol, subjecting all visitors to inspections of purses, bags, briefcases, etc.
Well, not all, there are some people who are allowed to pass with no inspection:
- State employees
- Texans who are carrying a concealed handgun (as long as they have their concealed handgun permit with them)
How hard is it to get a concealed handgun permit?
- Proof of having lived in Texas for six month
- Proof of citizenship, age and identity
- No violent crimes or felonies in the last ten years
- Attend a class on gun safety
- Fill out application, pay $140 fee and wait 60 days