Sunday, May 30, 2010

Empadronamiento in Sant Cugat

Going to the new ultramodern town hall for registration is a very painless exercise. You only need to bring your passport and a rental contract (and an signed authorization form if you are not the person named on the contract).

The end result is a printout that you can use to prove that you live in Sant Cugat.

You should then do your registration with the local CAP as soon as possible, since you'll need an empadronamiento no more than 3 months old. (And it’s definitely easier to do when you are not sick and in need of medical care.)

If you are in the process of getting a visa, don’t register unless you talk to your lawyer first. It may put your immigration status in jeopardy if you register too soon.


View Larger Map

No comments: