Looks like not much has changed in here while I was gone.
Garzon is still on the verge of being suspended, Messi is still scoring an amazing number of goals, unemployment is still too high (although I've heard from several people that most of the "unemployed" are unofficial working until their unemployment insurance runs out), and Greece still on the verge of bankruptcy.
The supreme court decision about the Statute of Catalunya that was a big deal around Christmas? Still nothing.
Now I've started working on my US taxes...
Forms filled out so far:
- 1040 US Resident Tax Form
- Schedule B Interest and Dividends
- Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedule E Rents, Royalties, Partnerships, etc
- Form 1116 Computation of Foreign Tax Credit (4 copies)
- Form 2210 Underpayment penalty (oops!)
- Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Credit
- Form 2555 Foreign Earned income (2 copies)
- Form 6251 Alternative Minimum Tax
- Form 8621 Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company (2 copies)
- Form 8891 US Information Return for Beneficiaries of Certain Canadian Registered Retirement Plans
- Form 8833 Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure under section 6114 or 7701(b)